Saturday, June 6, 2015

Right wing main skins match drilled, left wing on the rack

We started the weekend with some motivation - pancakes! We drove to Frederick, MD to the AOPA fly-in for pancakes provided by the local EAA chapter, and some gawking.
The girls got to hop in several of the planes, including EAA's One Week Wonder. 
Later in the day, one of our neighbors, Joe, stopped by to help match-drill the right wing bottom skins.
 I completed the top skins also.
 While Joe was busy with the match-drilling, I fabricated the left wing-walk doubler and match drilled it to the inboard top skin.
 I also modified the wing stand slightly and Joe helped me hand the left wing skeleton so we could skin that wing as well.
Great to see both wings in the rack! Joe was a great help; it's been a lot of fun getting several different people involved with the build. I enjoy the solo work, but sharing it is just more fun.

Wings: 4 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment