Monday, March 10, 2014

Rudder stiffeners match drill, deburr, dimple. Also pirate art.

 Part deux! Ten degrees colder, but that didn't stop our crew. Sam & Erin tackled match-drilling stiffeners/skins, while I worked on final deburring of the opposite stiffeners.
I began having second thoughts about inviting Sam....

Her penance was removing vinyl to permit deburring/dimpling of the skin. Natalie took pity on her and helped. 
While trying to stay ahead of my helpers, I cut the R-917 shim - and realized my hacksaw blade is sharp as a spoon.
I got the right skin dimpled after Erin deburred.
I got the left skin peeled as well.
We had a short break for guacamole, and then urgent sidewalk ARRRRt before dinner. These are the times that make building - and not building - the plane worth it. 
Finished off by dimpling the stiffeners later on. Just need to scuff/prime before we can bang some more rivets!


Empennage: 3.5 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment