Wednesday, February 5, 2014

HS Primed, VS Started

Warm weather (45 counts around here)  again, so we finished deburring, scuffing & cleaning HS parts.
My pit crew decided I needed more "bling" in the shop; a few stickers, and we were back in business.
 I also took Van's advice as published in the revision to their edge finishing manual and shaped the edges of the flanges to hopefully prevent faceting of the skins.
I also caught another potential mistake - forgot to drill the control cable hole in the left forward spar, but caught it & used a series of Unibits to drill to size.
Then it was on to priming!
Photobomb!

Probably overly cautious, but yes, Erin & I swabbed the match-drilled holes in the hinge brackets with primer.
Finally: scuffed & primed the skins. As soon as the spar comes in & we can get it prepped, we'll be driving rivets.
We don't have pics of it, but while the primer was drying I started laying out the Vertical Stabilizer. 3 of 4 ribs are edge-finished & fluted. We're starting to gain momentum - it's great!



Empennage: 3 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment