Monday, May 4, 2015

Right wing main ribs riveted to main spar

Finally time to make some finished parts!
 
Right wing ribs clecoed on
 My buddy Brian stopped in to buck rivets - made the process much easier
 We started off slow, and managed to put some rather large smileys in two of the rivet heads. I'll drill these out, but the good news is the rest of the rivets went in without a hitch. 2 out of 63 ain't bad.
 Down the rabbit hole...
 Ribs permanently attached!
Attaching the rear spar will be a bit more interesting. We flexed the ribs out of the way quite a bit in order to shoot squarely, after I realized that I never ordered an offset rivet set. I'll be ordering one of those, and I suspect it will get a lot of use wrapping up the wings. It'll still be tight quarters, though.
 
Wings: 3 hrs


No comments:

Post a Comment