Saturday, November 8, 2014

Elevator deburring, dimpling, priming

With the girls out at a tea party I finished deburring and dimpling all elevator parts (sans trim tab) and scuffed, cleaned and primed them.
I scuffed the counterbalance skins but caught my mistake before I primed the outside. Good thing I'm painting this plane!
Next up I edge-deburred both skins and dimpled them. There were a couple of hard-to-reach holes that I need to build a reach stick & hit with the dimple die in the rivet gun.
I also drilled the last holes in the skins where the fiberglass tips will attach to #30 and deburred and dimpled them, as I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to get in there after the elevators are riveted up.
Two piles of parts, ready to go!
I'm going to hold off on riveting the right rudder so I can close it up over Thanksgiving with family that will be in town. I may continue with the left including trim tab & trim assembly in the meantime.
 
Empennage: 7 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment