Sunday, August 17, 2014

Rudder scuffing & priming

I took advantage of the anniversary of my birth to get some help in the shop (also how I got my wife to go camping the first time...go with what works!).
 
I had a surprise helper who hasn't had much interest in the process so far:
 Audrey did a great job scuffing the reinforcement plates, and Erin did almost all of the scuffing & cleaning while I touched up a few edges.
 All rudder parts ready for priming!
 I imagine the parts pile will be quite a bit bigger once we dive into the wings, and might require a full sprayer system...until then I'm sticking with Napa 7220 Self-Etching Primer in a rattle can.
 Anyone see the problem with the above picture?

Oh, and organizing sockets? Actually a matching game for 5 year olds! Seriously, kept her occupied for almost an hour...
 
Empennage: 2 hrs
 
Workshop: 1 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment